A feature film based on a true story
After successfully battling 1920s patriarchal British society, a swimmer is forced to fight a rival in order to retain her record as the first English woman to swim the Channel.
In the shadow of WW1, swimmer Mercedes Gleitze fights to overcome the patriarchal society of 1920s England, along with her troubled coach, to become the first English woman to swim the Channel. However, after a rival comes forward claiming to have already accomplished the feat, Gleitze is forced to battle against the Channel Swimming Association in order to retain her record and her legacy.
Trailer: Check out the interviews with Elliott for his previous project – Charlie’s Letters
Can you help be part of Vindication Swim…
Do you want to be part of Vindication Swim? Below are some of the elements of the film we need help with or items for.
We’d love the making of Vindication Swim to bring the people of Brighton, Hove and Sussex together, if you can help in any way please get in touch!
1. Help with a scene
People from Brighton to help us achieve this scene for the movie, ideally we are looking for about 500 people. You will need to wear clothes similar to that in the scene, hats a must.
2. People we need
- Qualified life guards
- Boat operator
- Someone to build a Victorian dipper
- Sound Engineer
- Dhrone with operator
- Stills photographer – to document the making of the movie
- Brighton, Hove or Sussex ‘names’ who’d like a cameo role in the movie
3. Places we need
- Old looking office room
- Old Looking court room or wood panelled room to act as a board room
- House façade that could look like an old London house and Brighton house
- Window view of what might be classed as old London
4. Vehicles we need
- Boat to act as a support boat for camera crew and director
- 1900 to 1920’s double decker bus
- 1900 to 1920’s horse and cart industrial or people carrier ideally
- 1900 to 1920’s Car
- 1900 to 1920’s ambulance
- Cherry Picker
5. Objects we need (1900’s – 1920’s era)
- Press Microphone
- Police Uniform
- Wheel Chair
- Swimming Goggles and Hat
- cine camera
- milk bottles
- Rolex Oyster
- first aid kit
- Tins/packets and objects of era
- Cutlery and crockery
- Doctor/ nurses uniform
- Women’s undergarments
Please fill in the form below if you can help:
For those that help we will offer an exclusive private screening of the film once finished with a Q&A with the director and founder of Relsah Productions Elliott Hasler.
Latest from the Blog…
Catch up on the latest updates and behind the scenes action of Vindication Swim via our blog posts.